15 yıldır işletmelerin daha iyi yazılımı
seçmesine yardımcı oluyoruz

Lightspeed Retail Kullanıcı Yorumları ve İncelemeler

4,1 (958)

Lightspeed Retail Hakkında

Bu bulut tabanlı POS, konumlar ve kanallar genelinde envanter yönetimini, çalışan yönetimini, satış raporlama ve muhasebesini merkezileştirir.

Lightspeed Retail hakkında daha fazla bilgi

Artılar:

The team at Lightspeed has been extremely helpful with our migration to their platform. Their Ecom integration makes it very easy to manage our inventory and has increased our online sales.

Eksileri:

Lack of responsiveness from the company after you purchase it.

Lightspeed Retail puanları

4,0
Paranızın Karşılığı
3,9

Tavsiye edilme olasılığı

Lightspeed Retail, Capterra'daki 958 kullanıcı değerlendirmesi temelinde, 5 yıldız üzerinden toplam 4,1 puan almıştır.

Daha önce Lightspeed Retail ürününü kullanmış mıydınız?

Deneyimlerinizi yazılım almak isteyen diğer insanlarla paylaşın.

Değerlendirmeleri filtrele (958)

Steve
Steve

A great all-inclusive system

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Our industry was using a server-based software which was cumbersome and VERY outdated. Switching to Lightspeed has allowed me to more easily fulfil online orders, process transactions remotely, and communicate with our customer base more effectively.

Artılar:

Integration across POS, eCommerce, Accounting, Data Analytics is excellent. We have been able to increase both sales and efficiency with this system. The accounting feature and its daily export to QuickBooks allows me to spend only a few minutes each day keeping books up to date. It certainly makes year-end a breeze. Lightspeed Analytics is an invaluable resource for forecasting and identifying areas of opportunity. Customer support is available 24/7 and if they aren't able to answer my question immediately, I have received a timely follow-up within a day or two.

Eksileri:

There are some work-arounds that I have implemented. It would be nice to have the option for recurring billing and serial number tracking (not just adding a serial number to an item) as well as a better protocol for backordered items on Purchase Orders.

Doğrulanmış Yorumcu
Telekomünikasyon, 501–1.000 Çalışan

The Point of Sale solution

4,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Overall, the software does a great job in helping Accountants, managers and front liners in the Retail industry. What's great is that it integrates with ECommerce to be more efficient in selling your products out there, not just from the brick and mortar setup, but in the online as well.

Artılar:

I tinkered with this software and got ot know this from the inside and out. I like the functionalities as it allows you to break free from the spreadsheet and manual entry. Gone are the days of tallying and doing adjustments on a piece of paper. It has filter functions for reporting, it auto calculates taxes by assigning it in the initial setup, browser printing integration, you can conveniently import inventory from a csv file to your POS system and export those reports in a csv format. The hardware associated to it works seamlessly like the tablets, scanners, and printers. Although , it endorses Apple products, it works perfectly fine with Windows operating systems. It also has a companion product which is called Lightspeed Accounting that is comparable to Quickbooks

Eksileri:

A few bugs are slowly being fixed as each maintenance and update is released, just like any other software. Although workarounds can be done to remedy it, but you'd have to seek assistance from Tech Support.

Railan
ABD dahilindeki Manager
Spor Ürünleri, 2–10 Çalışan

Lightspeed for Small Business

5,0 geçen ay Yeni

Yorumlar: Our overall experience has been very good - I have much more control over inventory, discounts, more robust reporting, and human error estimated.

Artılar:

Inventory, POS, Reports, and discount features are all easy to configure and use.

Eksileri:

When completing an End of Year inventory count, you must submit the entire count before seeing the total cost of products counted.

geçen ay

Hi Railan, Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear that Lightspeed has provided you with easy-to-use features for inventory, POS, reports, and discounts. The Lightspeed Team

Brian

Terrible Service, Outdated Product

1,0 geçen hafta Yeni

Yorumlar: We bought a business that used Lightspeed. On 12/22/23 the previous owner submitted a ticket and sent her rep an email, telling LS that they needed to transfer ownership to us. We were sent paperwork and filled it out immediately as we were closing on 1/1/24. Rep said everything was fine. In 1/2/24 everything was still in previous owners name. I called, gave up after 4 times of waiting for over 20 minutes, put in tickets and emailed our rep. Nothing. A few days and a plethora of calls, emails and online messages later, someone told me the rep gave us the wrong paperwork to fill out. We had to start over. This wasn’t done until 1/16/24, 16 days after we bought the business. But it gets worse! For all that time, all sales went to the previous owners acccount (she still had LS at another business) and all money from sales went to her bank. Again, call after call, ticket after ticket, nothing. Finally after over a month, the previous owner was nice enough to write me a check for the payments she received in error, but to this day, LS still hasn’t figured out how to get the sales that went into the previous owners account, to mine. Almost 60 days! I missed paying my state sales tax because I don’t know how much sales we had. Then to top it all off, I worked on our ecom/website for hundreds of hours. Added just under 4,000 products and descriptions and pictures. We own a retail Christmas store. I’d put a stuffed animal under “Plush” on the website. The next day I’d look and that listing would now be under Christmas Lights. Again to tech support. Turns out there was a syncing issue and they had to delete everything I had done. I have to start over. Redo just under 4,000 products. Put them in the correct categories. Hundreds of hours of more work. They didn’t even apologize. They don’t care.To this day, 2/22/24, the account still shows in the old owners, company name. More tickets, more of nothing getting done. More frustration. Please, please stay away from this company. They are truly horrible.

Artılar:

Inventory management was easy. The retail system is fairly easy, but the api from retail to ecom is one way, which is a major flaw.

Eksileri:

Their ecom is terrible. Only thing worse than their ecom is their customer service. You can’t call anyone. Tickets take weeks to get worked. Only option is online chat. Try explaining a complex situation in a chat.

5 gün önce

Hi Brian, We sincerely apologize for any challenges you've faced while using Lightspeed. Your satisfaction is paramount to us, and we are fully committed to promptly resolving your concerns. In light of your recent experience, our Management team reached out last week to provide further assistance and help remove any blockers you that you are experiencing. We appreciate your patience as we diligently work to address your issues. Best regards, The Lightspeed Team

henry
Kaynak: SoftwareAdvice

Merchant is not secure against ilegal charge back

5,0 2 ay önce Yeni

Artılar:

Easy to use, however Merchant allows debit card to proceed with a chargeback without returning the merchandise , scary and dangerous for any business.

Andrew
ABD dahilindeki Manging Partner
Kıyafet ve Moda, 11–50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Packs some punch among the punchless

4,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We are a 40 year Brick and Mortar AND E-commerce company that carries 1000s of unique skus. Needing a software that is heavier than just the POS is essential. Inventory management and the ability to integrate with E-commerce was a non-negotiable for my next POS.
Lightspeed does have some frequent, mostly minor bugs, it is nice that they constantly update and enhance their program. There often seems to be a disconnect between software designers and the retail experience, but this program bridges the data management needed to go with the point of sale functionality.
Product management has been efficient. Customer service has been very helpful via telephone or chat and are always available which is nice. Even better, the amounts of time to need to contact customer service is minimal. After one year of use, I can say I use this program with confidence and I believe it packs the punch needed to handle scale.

Artılar:

Customer Support is included and accessible Intuitive Useful for heavy amounts of inventory Cloud Based Accessible via multiple operating systems Integrated with Cayan for seamless transition from my previous POS Has extensions that enable enhanced reporting, loyalty and ecommerce integration Updates are included

Eksileri:

Frequently Buggy UX issues at times E-commerce integration is through third party Advanced Reporting is an additional cost and is still poorly designed and buggy Long waits for Customer Support Widespread Outages do Occur

Nathan
ABD dahilindeki Marketing Manager
Spor Ürünleri, 11–50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Lightspeed is among the best POS platforms for growing businesses

4,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Lightspeed has proven to be an extremely stable POS system for our usage. Downtime has been extremely minimal and Lightspeed support teams are always able to get us back up and running quickly--often before the operating hours of our stores. With the stability of the software and the advanced insights into sales trends, we are able to understand our merchandising and inventory needs at a much more granular level. This ensures that we aren't wasting dollars on excessive inventory that is difficult to sell. We are also able to focus on the operational aspects of the business since the software has been so stable and reliable for us.

Artılar:

The sales tools are very easy to understand and enable us to train new employees quickly on the software. The software also makes managing multiple store locations easy and centralizes order and vendor information for our product managers to use across the company and analytics and insights that the software provides is essential to master the merchandising and inventory needs of our store.

Eksileri:

While Lightspeed offers excellent analytics tools and integrations, most of them come at an additional cost which may be a deterrent for smaller businesses. If you aren't planning on investing a great deal of effort into the growth of your business (i.e. more locations or omnichannel sales) than you may be better served with another option. Also, while there are several integrations and API connections available for the system without designing custom solutions, some POS systems offer greater scalability and integrations with software like third-party e-commerce management tools. When moving away from Lightspeed's products for solutions such as this, costs can quickly add up.

Otomotiv, 2–10 Çalışan
Kaynak: SoftwareAdvice

Do not use for credit card procesding

3,0 geçen ay Yeni

Yorumlar: 10 years ago it was the best customer service around. Sadly this is no longer the case.

Artılar:

Ease of use. And CustomerService the way they used to do it.

Eksileri:

Credit Card processing customer service.

geçen ay

Hi John, We appreciate your feedback on our Payments processing services. Your insights are crucial, and we are dedicated to addressing and enhancing our services. Unfortunately, we're unable to locate your account. Kindly send an email to [email protected], and we'll promptly reach out to assist in resolving any blockers you may be experiencing. Thank you for your time and patience. The Lightspeed Team

melana
Kanada dahilindeki server
Yiyecek ve İçecek, 501–1.000 Çalışan

light speed review

5,0 3 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: very good, easy to use, learn and very quick to take guests orders, course meals, and send to Kitchen. our restaurant menu is always changing so its easy to add and remove items

Artılar:

its easy to use and train other servers on, you can colour coordinate and organize items how ever you'd like with drop down tabs

Eksileri:

nothing it worked great for us. I would recommend to anyone

geçen hafta

Hi Melana, Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We're thrilled to hear that Lightspeed has been easy to use, train others on, and customize according to your restaurant's needs. If you ever need further assistance or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Best, The Lightspeed Team

Lynda
Avustralya dahilindeki Owner
Perakende, Serbest Meslek
Yazılımın kullanım amacı: Ücretsiz Deneme
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

So far so good. I like it.

5,0 2 ay önce Yeni

Artılar:

Ease of use and easy to track sales. Payment processing is good.

Eksileri:

Nothing of great concern. Good for high sales

James
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Lightspeed makes retailing easier.

5,0 5 yıl önce

Artılar:

The user interface was my first draw to Lightspeed. Ease of use and mostly easy workflows pulled me in. We also like the numerous integratabtle add ons available. The multi-store feature works well.

Eksileri:

It did not believe in negative numbers but that is changing. We do not like that custom fields don't save the same way as other standard fields.

Shane
Avustralya dahilindeki Director
Bilgisayar Donanımı, 2–10 Çalışan

Lightspeed Retail Changed the way we run out business

5,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We migrated from Lightspeed Onsite to Lightspeed retail nearly a year ago now, and the move has been fantastic. I did a LOT of research before the move to ensure we could take our Onsite Data over. Actually turned out there was some Workorder data that wouldn't migrate, but the upside to move to retail outweighed this by a long way. (As as work around, we simply left LightSpeed Onsite running side by side to Retail, and refer back only occasionally to Onsite. Isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be) Lightspeed retail is quick and powerful. Inventory management is completely accurate, and keeping track of special orders for customers is a breeze. We used to keep manual systems in place to keep track, but these have been retired. Customer management is excellent, keeping track of who owes what and what customer has how much on deposit for special orders. Lightspeed retail also integrates easily into our Tyro POS system, making credit card payments easy and accurate, no fear of adding or worse, leaving a zero off of the bill. Work orders can be colour coded to show where jobs are up to, and we keep all customer notes in the system. With LS retail being cloud based, I can even send a tech out onsite with and iPad and a Mobile Payment device and invoice, take payment and close a job before the tech leave customer site. On top of this, I have integrated a third party application called Service Reign to manage emails to customers post job to glean customer feedback.

Artılar:

LS Retail is smart, accurate and quick. Inventory management is great, and reporting is comprehensive. This is everything we need to efficiently run our business. Being a cloud based system, we can track the business remotely.

Eksileri:

LS Retail (coming from LS Onsite), can be a little clunky at first, however once you understand the work flow of the system, it all makes sense.

Amanda
Kanada dahilindeki Sales Associate

Capital City Luggage

5,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business.

Artılar:

- ecom and retail link seamlessly -open and close cashes easy for staff -each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers - can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant -painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product -can easily provide quotes for potential customers -easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse.

Eksileri:

Cons: -Limited integrated payments -Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms -Blog -doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies) - creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders -system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

Allison
Kanada dahilindeki Owner

Dikkate Alınan Alternatifler:

Best decision I made for my business!

5,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Overall, I would recommend Lightspeed POS to any other retailer (especially clothing and shoes) in a heartbeat! If you have been manually counting inventory and have no customer sales data, this is a must. It was easy to set up and continued to be easy to use for me and my employees. The cloud based feature is perfect because I never have to worry about backing up important data and I can "see" my business from any device with internet access. It's brilliant.

Artılar:

Lightspeed POS provided instant inventory, sales, customer and employee data that was missing from my retail business. It was relatively easy to set up and I had lots of support! The amount of information we now have about our retail business is staggering and it allowed us to connect multiple locations which made inventory transfer a breeze!

Eksileri:

I had hoped for an integrated Loyalty program from the start (this has now been launched). We were manually keeping track of points for our customers which became tedious and inaccurate quickly. The new Loyalty is a good start but it feels a bit clumsy at times and not as customizable as I would like. Sometimes inventory issues pop up when items are returned. For example, special orders from one location that are added to a purchase order for our main location, automatically show in stock at the needed location when simply checked in at main location. This can cause confusion as they are not physically at the needed location just yet. They have to be physically transferred but should not be added to inventory or received once they arrive (they were already there!). This took us a while to figure out and caused many inventory numbers to get out of whack.

Doğrulanmış Yorumcu
Tütün, 2–10 Çalışan
Kaynak: GetApp

Do not use Lightspeed for easy use

3,0 geçen yıl

Yorumlar: I really dislike Lightspeed, but most other companies do not want to take on the risk of CBD, so Im stuck with Lightspeed

Artılar:

nothing at all, i do not like this software

Eksileri:

Loyalty program, discounts are hard long and aggravating to set up, customer service takes a long time to respond,

geçen yıl

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us at NoAM Toll-Free: +1 844 365-2868. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Shad

Read This Before Switching to Lightspeed

1,0 2 yıl önce

Yorumlar: I have used Lightspeed for almost a year and it is not good. I read these reviews before we switched from another POS system and I was so confident I was going to love it, I switched both of my stores. Lightspeed has a great sales team, they tell you with confidence how great the system is and the demo works in the limited amount you can use it. All the features sound so easy and perfect and the integration with accounting was just what I was looking for!
If you are a fan of duplicate and complicated processes that fail regularly, you have found the system you are looking for. Lightspeed payments is a mess, it has crashed multiple times since our switch in June, 2021. We started out with iPads and the bluetooth chip/tap reader and receipt printer disconnect constantly. We have had to manually enter credit cards for up to 2 weeks at a time because the readers wouldn't connect. Duplicate credit card charges on single purchases are common (up to 5 charges! Yeah I get to pay fees on all of them too.) because the computer or iPad says payment failed and the customer swipes or taps the card again. We have 2 registers at each store and they randomly switch from register 1 to register 2, which makes EOD a mess! We have spent hours on hold with support and get the same answers each time, "they are working on it".
Many of the features are for older versions that really don't do much but clutter the system. I am sure in 2005, this was a great system but now the UI is not int

Artılar:

Reporting is better than my previous POS and integration with Quickbooks. works most of the time.

Eksileri:

Everything but reporting. This system is not user friendly, there is no consistency and it is difficult to get a workflow down because the pages are not similar. Searches are difficult ant there is much duplication in efforts! To enter a P/O and create items for e-com, you have to open as many as 5 browser tabs! All for something that Shopify can do in 1.

2 yıl önce

Hi Shad, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. Someone will be reaching out to you once more to discuss your request further and next steps. Thank you for your understanding. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Ryan
ABD dahilindeki Retail Business Owner
Kaynak: SoftwareAdvice

They over promise and under deliver

3,0 2 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Couldn’t get off the ground after 1 year of getting tossed around the company to make sure we had everything set up properly. The onboarding process is painful and they take no accountability for their own issues. Spent $3k and tons of time and just cancelled it was so bad. Started billing me before we received are POS equipment. All they said is it was part of the contract. Salesman told me we could integrate old gift cards and they would help walk us through the transition. No help at all and ended up telling me they don’t do that. Tried to cancel as they didn’t hold up their end of the deal. Said we had to be through the account manager who wouldn’t get back to us. Come to find out he was let go. This is after 6 months of trying to get a hold of him as that was the only way to cancel. To find out that account manager was let go from the company and they didn’t bother to assign us a new one. The company organization is flat out horrible. Customer success is horrible and not good at communicating. I would look to somewhere else.

Artılar:

The features is most everything you need. The support is the problem.

Eksileri:

The support is horrible. They think they know and understand issues better then the customers. They don’t listen and will treat you like you don’t even matter.

2 yıl önce

Hi Ryan, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value all feedback and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at [email protected]. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Cynthia
Kaynak: SoftwareAdvice

Disappointed in their business practices and how they stand behind what their employees sell you.

2,0 10 ay önce

Yorumlar: I'm still disappointed and now looking for another POS system. I fear Lightspeed will come up with more charges as I go along this year. If my employee sold a customer a product at a certain price, I would at least honor that for 1 year. Especially since I had been using that product for 4 months. Changing POS systems is very stressful and any company that does not stand behind what they sell, well, can you trust them?

Artılar:

Accuracy is very important and when I run a report or look at inventory it is correct.

Eksileri:

The sales person told me I would have reports and I did for about 4 months, I was then locked out of the reports and could not pay my suppliers. I had to pay more money per month based on their employees mistake. I went with Lightspeed based on the monthly price. It is not completely what I needed for my store but the price was within my budget. Now I have to pay hundreds more per year so I can run one report to pay my suppliers. Be warned they do not stand behind their employees promises.

10 ay önce

Hi, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the services received. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. If ever you would like to provide more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Success Team via email at [email protected]. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Julie

Robust System Integrates Webstore and Brick- and - Mortar Store

5,0 5 yıl önce

Yorumlar: I'm super happy with Lightspeed and I like how they have 24/7 customer service in case of a glitch. The staff is always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
I tried another service (Sunrise POS) when I first started out and the guy promised me the world. Little did I know it wasn't even geared for retail it was a restaurant system. I was totally taken advantage of, I had no one to call for support and ended losing over 5k.
Lightspeed is up front and caters to your needs. They are awesome!!

Artılar:

It's easy to use, It's easy to check on the store activity when I'm not there through my iPhone. It gives detailed reports on categories, vendors and daily sales. I love it because it manages the inventory on my website as well as my retail front. If I have 12 pieces listed on my web store and sell 4 in the store, it will deduct accordingly.

Eksileri:

Nothing really. I wish some of the paid upgraded features were free.

Ian
Jamaika dahilindeki Director & Handyman
Restoranlar, 11–50 Çalışan

Lightspeed ROCKS!!!

Yorumlar: AMAZING

Artılar:

We operate 4 Cannonball Cafés in Jamaica. This is our second year of using Lightspeed. When we bought the business in 2016, we installed another company's system which, after a few months use, revealed it's weakness for use in a multi-unit business. We plodded along for awhile under the "Better to stay with the Devil you know..." philosophy until a sharp eyed customer got very upset because she noticed the price of one of our specialty coffees at one location was vastly different from another location... we had made a late night keystroke mistake entering the updated prices! What caught our eye with Lightspeed was the powerful Back-of-House infrastructure that allows us to make REMOTE CHANGES to our menus, our controls etc IN AN INSTANT on our phones, tablets or computers: last year on a trip to China, we got a text from one of our managers requesting a menu addition - somewhere over the Pacific at 40,000 feet, my wife added the item and went back to sleep!!!! The level of detail that supports our business goes far beyond what we could imagine - while a lot of detail & thought has to go into setting up Lightspeed initially, that effort pays dividends when using the system. Finally, the support we get from the Technical Support team is amazing - the Techs are all very well trained, are extremely knowledgeable and can resolve problems that are outside their Lightspeed purview: in September, a store was having a weird connectivity problem that was traced by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Te

Eksileri:

Have not found anything to dislike about it.

Ronald
ABD dahilindeki Service Writer
Denizcilik, 11–50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Have been using CDK for many years for Maintience & Repair set opp DMS system.

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Over all, I have always liked to way the system has operated, The functions and the data inputting controls are easier than most other DMS systems that i have tried.

Artılar:

I have always like the way the system is produced from the Service personnel's prospective & The way CDK tries to customize the product for each of the specific user's or Locations.

Eksileri:

I think this system could be improved by having the ability to communicate with & Be programed with available patches to adapt the system to communicate and share info with all other outside vendor's and the coinciding systems that they use. Every company will have separate systems all that are needed for what type of Service it provides. - IE. *( Scheduling a Boat's launch for Valet Service or for Spring launch of boats for pickups ect. ) *( A customer Text communications program for Receiving, Sending or Monitoring text conversations ect.) Each will always require some type of outside applications like those for that specific company to operate and function more efficiently over what is offered in any DMS System. I believe this to be true for all software DMS company's on the market & this is including light speed EVO. Is it impossible to Make an Automotive or Marine type DMS system that all Info could be shared across to and back from any of The other software system types that are used externally? I believe that would be a great benefit for any and all company's that need a DMS Fixed operations type Repair or Maintience operating systems.

Derrick
Kanada dahilindeki President
Restoranlar, 51–200 Çalışan

Not for restaurants

1,0 5 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We had purchased the system for 3 of our establishments, and only installed it in 1 of them as a trial. Because of how bad it was, we decided to cancel our service. Even though we had not installed the other 2 locations and had used the product for 3 month in the one installed, they are forcing us to abide by our 3 year contract and pay the full amounts. Even with having to cover that cost, which is completely unreasonable because 2 of the services were not installed, it is still much better and efficient for us to switch to another more functional service such as Cluster or Maitre-D. I would not recommend this to anyone who has a restaurant.

Artılar:

Looks nice if you spend the time to set it up

Eksileri:

Lightspeed has been a horror for us since the start. What we were presented at during the sales meeting made us very excited and happy, but the second the contract was signed, for our 3 locations everything went down hill. I had to pull teeth and send multiple messages and to get our installation done on time. And even at that they finished doing it opening day, and were debugging while we had to serve clients. And that is a whole other story. The product itself looks good but really does not work for a restaurant. Little things like having a single client pay without closing the full table is not possible. Servers need to figure out all these ways/trick to speed up service without being slowed down by Lightspeed. Items cannot be sent to multiple locations at ones (if something come from both the kitchen and bar like a Caeser with bacon) The reports are terrible. Items are split up in ways were the they are split if clients have payed 1/2 or 1/3 of the amount. So items like Natchos that are group type items, to no how many have been sold you need to add the full one, the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, .... amounts. So extracting any information takes a long time. Many of the reports have numerical errors in them, and as such they cannot be trusted. Also, tyring to export hourly sales or receipts all have wrong times on them (our restaurant closes at 1am, yet it still show receipts until 5am) It is not possible to use the inventory option in bar because they can only have units, it

5 yıl önce

Hi Derrick, We apologize that you are disappointed with your Lightspeed Restaurant experience. We see that have been speaking with a senior member of our Customer Success team who is working with you to addressing your concerns. We would be happy to continue to work with you in resolving the matter, and coming to an amicable solution.

Carole
ABD dahilindeki owner

Lightspeed issues

4,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: not horrible not great

Artılar:

it's pretty easy, the inventory entering is easy, sales are easy. Reports are good, although none of them integrate, you have to pull 3-4 reports to get what you need unless you upgrade to way more $

Eksileri:

This is an app based program, so there are definite issues using this with an iPad, which is how we run our retail store. The gift card has been a problem from day one which we have reported many time and have an open ongoing unresolved case. We purchased the gift card from the company they recommended and they both point fingers at each other, meanwhile it is a nightmare for our customers who have to sit & wait while we figure out how to make their return or issue a gift card. Still not resolved. The cache fills up and you have to delete the app and reload it or certain functions do not work, like getting a new customers name in the system. The last thing you want to deal with is deleting an ap and reloading it. Customer service on management level is incredibly slow to respond if they ever do. The day to day service is very responsive. The rep also over sold us the program and sold us 2 registers and so we over paid $1,000 a year for 3 years until we caught it. Never heard back from upper management regarding a credit or a few free months. They are very responsive when you are up for review though! ALSO beware of their own integrative payment processing that they tell you will save you a lot of $, not really true.Get it in writing. First of all they will take their fee right off the top daily, so forget trying to reconcile your statement with your daily reports. You will get paid for Wed, Thur & friday the following Tuesday...so your cash flow is delayed. Way slow!!!!!!

Chrysie
ABD dahilindeki Manager
Spor Ürünleri, 11–50 Çalışan

Think beyond initial implementation

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We are aware that every system has something to complain about. Overall we are happy with performance and support from LightSpeed. It's reliable and with the small amount of problems we have we are pleased.

Artılar:

It's a relatively easy system to navigate. Permission settings are acceptable. Reporting is decent but all very basic unless you purchase Analytics. We use the software for multiple locations but keep separate inventories at each location. We can easily see inventory at other locations, transfer inventory from store to store effortlessly. Creating inventory items is easy as well as setting up pricing rules. Able to customize receipts, labels, and transfer paperwork with some HTML knowledge. Sales are smooth as well. Split payments are pretty easy and relatively intuitive.

Eksileri:

No really good way to do rentals. We are a tennis shop and rent/demo racquets. We had to come up with our own solution. B2C eCom is great - and can use the existing inventory; we have it set up as a separate location so we can see all inventory across eCom and retail - until you want to add B2B. It's difficult and expensive to add B2B and have it work the same as eCom. We learned, much later, that we need to have a separate website, a separate database of inventory and we would not have visibility into this inventory from our retail or eCom side. Huge disappointment. The eCom module is not native to LS. They purchased the product and have integrated it into LS - so their APIs won't even allow you to have that visibility. Support is good for the most part. Simple things, but, holy smokes the printing!!! First, you have to use Firefox to get the printing to work at all. But Firefox constantly loses the printer default settings. So swithching printers throughout the day between labels, transfers, receipts...causes Firefox to throw up allover the printer settings. This happens daily, sometimes several times during the day. It's ridiculous. Support doesn't give a good answer - they tell us to follow the documentation. But that doesn't fix anything. Many times during the day we have to go back into the Firefox configuration and reset the default printer. Painful.

Amit
dahilindeki President
Restoranlar, 11–50 Çalışan
Kaynak: SoftwareAdvice

Excellent software for growing businesses.

5,0 7 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Overall the software is amazing and the good outweighs the bad and a tested about 10 different PoS softwares when I was shopping around and none of them encompass everything I have mentioned so i know my expectations are very high....which is why I state again...if they added in these features it would make them industry leaders and really a phenomenal PoS system. (its 90% of the way there for me...just a few more features and if would be the best)

Artılar:

The integration with xero accounting has been a true time saver for my business. It transfers all sales data at the end of the day seamlessly so I don't have to. The ability to use the front end off site has been super helpful as well as it doesn't tie me down to the store and I can do a lot of my work on the go. Creating products, invoicing clients, setting up the main screen custom to what I want is extremely simple once you run through it once.

Eksileri:

Theres a few simple features that are missing from the PoS software which I would like to see integrated and would make it hands down the best in the industry for small businesses. 1) Getting an integrated payment terminal that accepts chip, pay pass and swipe options would avoid any mistakes between manually punching in the amounts on the debit/credit machine and would avoid any back end work after the day closes to be able to balance the day 2) Allowing me to enter the details of the invoices (supplier name, invoice number, total amount being paid, gst, pst, etc.) that are being paid out on a daily basis and having that information transferred to xero would alleviate tons of paper work after the close of the day. 3) There is no way to pull out a month end statement for corporate clients that pay their account once a month. Checks have to be cross referenced manually with the bills that have been put on tab. You should be able to at the very least select which tab invoices are being paid from the list of invoices on the clients account. This would show which ones are outstanding at a glance rather than having to refer back to the paper invoices that the system creates. 4) A front facing screen to display pricing of items being charged, advertisements, and other information is something I have been asking for since day 1 (3 years now). And I would love to see this feature incorporated. 5) Having the ability to offer a discount for a bulk purchase is something that should be automatic.