Smartsheet Kullanıcı Yorumları ve İncelemeler

4,5 (2.681)

Smartsheet Hakkında

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Smartsheet hakkında daha fazla bilgi

Artılar:

Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Eksileri:

It's also sometimes difficult to tell where user error plays a role in mathematic mistakes. I'd like to see more effort put into these areas.

Smartsheet puanları

Ortalama puan

Kullanım Kolaylığı
Müşteri Hizmetleri
Özellikler
Paranızın Karşılığı

Tavsiye edilme olasılığı

Smartsheet, Capterra'daki 2.681 kullanıcı değerlendirmesi temelinde, 5 yıldız üzerinden toplam 4,5 puan almıştır.

Daha önce Smartsheet ürününü kullanmış mıydınız?

Deneyimlerinizi yazılım almak isteyen diğer insanlarla paylaşın.

Değerlendirmeleri filtrele (2.681)

Keith
Keith
ABD dahilindeki Project Manager
Mali Hizmetler, 2-10 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

“Workflow Tool For Project Managers”

5,0 2 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: Smartsheet is a management solution that help you to prioritize & oversee projects with your employees simultaneously. It is better than MS Excel and Google Sheet because it has interesting features that help in automating work processes.

Artılar:

I find their template gallery to be very attractive. They have templates for many business industries.

Eksileri:

They should add more formulas so that it would be easier to manage data in the sheets.

Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
Hindistan dahilindeki Manager
Bilgi Teknolojileri ve Hizmetleri, 11-50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

"Smartsheet: A Smarter Way to Manage Your Projects"

4,0 2 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: My overall experience with Smartsheet has been great. It has allowed us to streamline our project management process, enabling us to better track progress, assign tasks, and manage resources. We have realized several benefits from using Smartsheet, including improved communication, better visibility into project progress and status, and improved collaboration between team members. Additionally, Smartsheet has allowed us to automate some of our project management tasks, saving us time and effort. All in all, Smartsheet has been a great tool that has helped us improve the way we manage our projects.

Artılar:

I like Smartsheet for its ability to streamline and manage projects. The product is easy to use and has a lot of features that make it impactful. I particularly like the powerful automation and collaboration features that enable me to easily manage, assign, and track tasks. The project timelines are also great, as they help me to visualize progress and ensure deadlines are met. Integration with existing business processes was also easy, and I was able to set up and get started quickly. Overall I'm very pleased with Smartsheet and would highly recommend it.

Eksileri:

One con of Smartsheet is that it can be difficult to use for complex projects or tasks, as the user interface is not as intuitive as other project management tools. Additionally, its integration with other tools and systems can be difficult and time-consuming. Some features could be improved, such as customizing views and adding more automation.

Melinda
ABD dahilindeki Secretary
İnşaat, 2-10 Çalışan
Yazılımın kullanım amacı: Ücretsiz Deneme

Smartsheet

3,0 2 ay önce Yeni

Yorumlar: Our experience will smartsheet was very positive very easy to learn and use.

Artılar:

The ease of keeping track of your assignments.

Eksileri:

The software is a good software to have nothing we didn't like.

Zeynel
Kanada dahilindeki Social Media Manager
Medya Prodüksiyon, 11-50 Çalışan

An Easily Accessible and Customizable Project Management Tool

5,0 3 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: Smartsheet is a great tool for managing projects and collaborating with team members. It's user-friendly interface makes it easy to get started, and the drag-and-drop feature makes it easy to customize projects. The free version of Smartsheet has limited features, but the paid version unlocks more features.

Artılar:

Smartsheet is an incredibly easy-to-use project management tool that allows for quick customization of projects. It's easy to create and manage sheets, assign tasks, and collaborate with team members. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to get started, and the drag-and-drop feature makes it simple to customize projects.

Eksileri:

The free version of Smartsheet has limited features, and some of the features are only available in the paid version. The customization options are also limited, and the user must use the pre-defined templates.

Mohamed Salah
Tunus dahilindeki Project Manager
Yönetim Danışmanlığı, 2-10 Çalışan

Amazing Features for Team Collaboration - Smartsheet Review

5,0 geçen hafta Yeni

Yorumlar: Having used Smartsheet for several years now, I can confidently say that it is an incredibly useful tool for managing and collaborating on tasks with a team. It has helped our team stay organized and stay on track with our projects.

Artılar:

Smartsheet is an incredibly powerful tool for collaboration and task management. The platform is incredibly intuitive to use and makes it easy to assign tasks, track progress, and manage deadlines.

Eksileri:

One of the main drawbacks of Smartsheet is the cost. The platform can become quite expensive if you require many users or additional features.

Dheeraj
Dheeraj
Hindistan dahilindeki Business Development Manager
Personel ve İşe Alım, 51-200 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Easy to use and quite beneficial in organising and managing your data

4,0 3 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: My company's information collecting is becoming more consolidated and well-organized thanks to Smartsheet. Technology has relatively minimal entry barriers, and creating automation is fairly simple. We've recently utilized it to keep tabs on our progress throughout our certification survey.

Artılar:

We were able to easily track the relevant parties, dates, key routes, etc. with the aid of Smartsheet as we organized our closing process into a Gantt chart. The capacity to clearly depict information is Smartsheet's standout feature. The platform offers a staggering array of features and capabilities, making it an extremely flexible tool. It's fantastic that you can build a report using a primary data set, and that as you update the report, the original data does too. I appreciate that it is a collaborative tool with various pre-set templates to utilize and develop from as well as a range of access conditions.

Eksileri:

Some restrictions, such as the row limits on the sheets, are particularly annoying. Other than driving by date, I am unable to create Gantt charts. I wish I could make a Gantt chart that was based on time to the second. It can take some time and work to figure out how to utilize it, but that's good.

Modupe
Modupe
İrlanda dahilindeki Tax Auditor
Perakende, 1.001-5.000 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

A non-traditional project management software.

4,0 geçen ay Yeni

Yorumlar: Smartsheet simplifies how we plan for projects , by helping us focus more on team alignment and workflow automation, which are necessary ingredients for successful project management.

Artılar:

Data is top on my list of what i cherish about Smartsheet. i especially like that Smartsheet offers multiple security provisions to keep our data safe. In addition to the aforementioned, i think that Smartsheet does a good job for my team in the aspect of collaboration, which is a vital part of any project. i am successfully collaborating on Smartsheet through notetaking, file sharing , task assignment etc

Eksileri:

Smartsheets interface is unintuitive , creating a challenge when beginner users need to track or chart data. There are no provisions for data to be analyzed at a glance, one needs to more or less go through columns and rows to analyze the sheets.

Yige
Yige
BK dahilindeki Customer Acquisition Analyst
Mali Hizmetler, 201-500 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

We've used Smartsheet for more than project management.

5,0 geçen ay Yeni

Yorumlar: Used for project management and work management as well. Our ability to automate repetitive task and processes through Smartsheet has meant faster completion of our project milestones.

Artılar:

Smartsheet has huge customization capabilities. We've manipulated our spreadsheet to serve just about any work need from project management to even sales campaign tracking and budget tracking. With unlimited custom fields, sheets and multiple views, there are no limits to what I can use Smartsheet for , which is the difference between Smartsheet and project management only tools.

Eksileri:

A limited activity is what I will describe as Smartsheet's biggest weakpoint as a project management platform. Although Smartsheet's activity log allows one to track common activities, there is no provision to get a full, all round glance of all project updates without having to check from cell to cell.

parvathy
parvathy
ABD dahilindeki Budget Accountant
Bilgi Teknolojileri ve Hizmetleri, 501-1.000 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

It's my magical app with project collaboration.

5,0 3 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: It's more exquisite app with task prioritization.Great to drag and drop task in real-time.Exquisite customer service.Terrific with it's intuitiveness with project planning.

Artılar:

It's a versatile and very stable app with project collaboration.Terrific to plan and schedule for project meeting.Exquisitely efficient with customer service.

Eksileri:

It's an impressive and more monumental app with task collaboration.Monumental with it's effectiveness with project planning.

Ina
Ina
İtalya dahilindeki freelancer
Bilgi Teknolojileri ve Hizmetleri, Serbest Meslek
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

it's absolutely the best I found !!!

5,0 4 hafta önce Yeni

Yorumlar: No one in my company even talks about another organizer anymore :)

Artılar:

I am an individual contributor but they all use it throughout the company. It's a great way to better manage all our projects and have a central hub for all our work that keeps everyone on the same page, plus it has a modern feel that is easy to navigate and picking up tasks was seamless!

Eksileri:

only cons is price :/ for small business it is expensive

Swati
Hindistan dahilindeki Self-Employed
Bilgisayar Yazılımı, Serbest Meslek
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Smartsheet Your Next Level Spreadsheet!

4,0 6 ay önce

Yorumlar: I will consider myself as one of the satisfied user of Smartsheet.I have used this software for small as well as huge projects and it came handy in both. But I would recommended that you can have another software if you are going for small projects and the budget is not so high because this platform is quite expensive and complicated in comparison to other Spreadsheet software available in the market.But if you are dealing with a bulky projects and team members are more than three then definitely use this software as your work will becomes very easy ,it will also help you to save a good amount of time and effort.

Artılar:

Smart sheet is so far one of the best spreadsheet software that I have came across for project management. The best thing about Smartsheet is it's data View structure and ease of use. It's easy to create tasks in your project ;you can definitely edit, delete or update your main Tasks and subtasks without any inconvenience and to track the whole status of the project you can just have a view of the dashboard . You can also combine any number of spreadsheet so, that when you share your work with your team decisions making for that project becomes easy. Adding Automations to any sheet in Smartsheet is very easy and definitely time saving, there are some common suggestions in the automation menu but you can definitely create your own workflow with ease.

Eksileri:

With Smartsheet my overall experience was really good I was able to deliver my projects on time and maintained to have a good growth but everything is not so great about it and the first thing is the cost that I had to bear for using some of the important tools present within Smartsheet Like if you are working on multiple projects it's expensive.As well as there are numerous tools which are quite complicated to learn so, for a beginner it's quite time taking.

Kevin W
ABD dahilindeki Sr. Consultant
Bankacılık, 2-10 Çalışan

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

5,0 geçen yıl

Yorumlar: Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Artılar:

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Eksileri:

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

Ryan
ABD dahilindeki Director of Business Operations
Telekomünikasyon, 51-200 Çalışan

Dikkate Alınan Alternatifler:

Smartsheet is a great Project Scheduling tool, and so much more

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: I love Smartsheet! It has become an indispensable tool in organizing and visualizing the work we do everyday!

Artılar:

Smartsheet is much easier to use for Project Managemen than the classic Microsoft Project software I was originally trained on. It allows people to manage work with the intelligence of a project scheduling tool, but with an easy to understand and use spreadsheet interface. Since Smartsheet is a cloud product, each Smartsheet is available from any computer by just logging into the website, or even from their mobile app. Another great Project Management benefits is that the Project Manager can share a Smartsheet with their whole team to collaborate together. We also use the Smartsheet for Jira Connector which allows us to sync information back and forth between the two systems. Jira can be complicated to navigate, and the dashboarding can be really frustrating. This connector allows us to keep track of individual tickets associated with a project, and even lets us import massive data sets for analysis. Finally, we have ended up using Smartsheet as a dashboarding tool. It's actually surprisingly good as a Business Intelligence visualization tool for keeping track of our projects, and for displaying Jira dashboarding.

Eksileri:

Like any software there are small quirks I'd like to see changed, or hotkeys added, but overall I'm impressed with the constant cadence of feature updates and enhancements.

Andrea
ABD dahilindeki Director of Programs
Pazarlama ve Reklamcılık, 11-50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Best thing since sliced bread

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

Artılar:

The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

Eksileri:

I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

Jordan
ABD dahilindeki Director of Technology
Mali Hizmetler, 51-200 Çalışan

Versatile Project Management Tool

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Artılar:

I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Eksileri:

Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

ABD dahilindeki QA Coordinator
Tüketici Hizmetleri, 51-200 Çalışan

Dikkate Alınan Alternatifler:

Quick Spreadsheets that allow for collaboration

4,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: I solve the problem of tracking how my employees profit on many small profit/small margin projects. This allows me to see who is struggling the most and who is not. My team specifically focuses on education, hospitals, and non-profits. So maintaining margins to not lose any money is important. I wrote up a story about it here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/example-advanced-smartsheet-reporting-interconnectivity I've pulled off absolutely amazing things. I'm willing to go into detail and share more of what we were able to accomplish. Many of Smartsheet's examples do not solve business problems, but they do help us learn how to solve our own!

Artılar:

I absolutely love how quick and easy it is to use Smartsheet. The formulas have great documentation and it helps tremendously when trying to learn and accomplish new tasks. You can pull off amazing things if you sit down and build it. I was able to build a completely automated revenue and labor estimator that shows me how profitable each member of my team is. Many of the applications we built, the community was clueless how to build it. We were able to accomplish some very unique dashboards & spreadsheets that make our lives easier. I can now make business decisions on a whim, without having to spend hours of research about the effect of one decision on our numbers.

Eksileri:

I dislike how many features such as the dynamic view or the workspace deployment feature is locked behind an expensive addon. And when inquiring about customer service we were told it "isn't" a fit for us. But yet, Smartsheet cannot give us a demo to experiment or test them out? Smartsheet is nickle and diming things a lot. Smartsheet is >not< small business friendly. It is really a shame because these tools are absolutely 100% amazing. It also surprises me how little the community interactions are. There are many great suggestions for features that are standard in Excel and Google Sheets, that Smartsheet blandly ignored for years, and sometimes says "coming soon" and years later we still don't have it.

Brian
ABD dahilindeki Human Resources Generalist
Sağlık, Sağlıklı Yaşam ve Fitness, 51-200 Çalışan

Smartsheet for Data Management

4,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: I daily maintain six Smartsheets, and will probably integrate more. This has helped with tracking my progress in processes, and eliminated the need for reporting up, as my superiors can view my progress in real time. I found learning the software to be fairly easy, and recognized many opportunities presented by Smartsheet for further education.

Artılar:

I use Smartsheet daily to track personnel processes, such as recruitment efforts, termination procedures, and the completion of development reviews. I have used other software before, but Smartsheet affords me with the opportunity to freely share the data with other coworkers and management easily and immediately. I also really appreciate the automatic save feature, and the prompt to update with other's changes. I tend to stay in my Smartsheets all day long so this is particularly helpful for updates. I like the ability to attach documents.

Eksileri:

I found the Filter feature to be a bit clunky; That design needs some work. I'd like to be able to change fonts within fields, such as making individual words bold. Manipulating rows within the sheets could be streamlined. It's challenging when you want to move a series of rows to another location on the same sheet. It becomes a two-step process: Creating the space for the rows in the new location, and then cutting or copying and inserting them in the new space.

Kathy
ABD dahilindeki Vendor Income Expert
Perakende, 10.000+ Çalışan

Smart Technology

4,0 8 ay önce

Yorumlar: Smartsheet definitely is very smart! It's a very powerful collaboration tool. You can customize forms to send to other. You can set up notification/reminders to others. However, Smartsheet is not so user-friendly. It's an intricate system that takes time to learn. However, once you take the time to learn it, you'll love it!!!

Artılar:

In my line of work, I have to send forms to vendors. They submit the terms that they agree with Target. I also have to document their terms. I love that it's so easy to customize forms in Smartsheet. Vendors and key partners also really like the looks of Smartsheet forms too. I also like that Smartsheet organized data from submission forms into a nice master grid. Another functionality that I love is the workflow automation. I'm able to set notification and reminder on when key partners need to approve vendor forms in Smartsheet.

Eksileri:

Smartsheet provide a very nice, clean form for vendor to submit their terms. However, there is no function to send a copy of the SAME form once the form had been submitted. When vendor sask me to send the a copy of the forms they submitted, Smartsheet isn't able to generate the form in the original format. Smartsheet just generate a simple grid of the submitted data/terms. It would nice if Smartsheet can generate the submitted form in the SAME/original format of the form that I created in Smartsheet.

Megan
ABD dahilindeki Supervisor, Medical Device Engineering
Tıbbi Cihazlar, 5.001-10.000 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Really great product from a really great company

5,0 2 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Smartsheet has been a really great company to work with overall. The customer service team is absolutely wonderful. They're super attentive and very knowledgeable. The training resources that Smartsheet provides are also exceptional. Any time I'm trying to figure out something new, it's very easy to find training materials on how to do it and they're very clear and easy to follow. We've been able to make a huge improvement in how we organize and communicate a lot of our work in our department specifically and across the business because of Smartsheet.

Artılar:

I love how easy it is to collaborate and share information with Smartsheet. With the different permission levels and how easy it was to get our whole company set up with Smartsheet, it has made so much of our project work so much easier and has enabled us to keep all relevant teams, and even just interested parties, up to speed on all that we have going on.

Eksileri:

The one feature that I do wish would be added would be a visual timeline feature like MSP has. A lot of times our executive management team would like to see a simplified timeline with key milestones, but in order to do that with Smartsheet, we have to transfer things into PPT Timeline, which isn't impossible, it's just an added step that is a little inconvenient.

Nathan
Nathan
ABD dahilindeki Director, Management Information Systems
Kamu Politikası, 11-50 Çalışan

Project Management in the Cloud

5,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: It does help us track projects and the alerts we've set up help keep users aware of deadlines. So for that, Smartsheet works well. We've found a workaround for the one area we've paid extra for--the reporting--that is deficient. The biggest selling point is its approachability: anyone that is familiar with a spreadsheet application should be able to intuitively understand how SmartSheet basically works. That at least removes the biggest obstacle for a project management solution being ignored: the difficulty of use.

Artılar:

SmartSheet allows individuals and teams to work projects together, plotting milestones and critical paths, tracking tasks, creating alerts, and using gantt charts to quickly view how various team members are allocated and intersect. It does a good job of integrating with Office 365, allowing you to share links to files in OneDrive and to Skype within SmartSheet. The revamped interface makes it closer to working in Excel, which is the really the whole premise to Smartsheet: providing a familiar spreadsheet interface for working projects. To that end, there is a wealth of functionality for formatting cells to indicate project stages, task completion, etc. You can even apply conditional logic to have cells change color when a task reaches a certain stage. There are good controls for determining levels of access, so you prevent changes to your sheet except by authorized persons. Overall, it's a good tool for managing projects.

Eksileri:

The reporting functionality we paid extra for is a joke. Instead, we've resorted to pulling data into Microsoft's Power BI to create reports and visualize data. And like many other Cloud-based services, there's a core product and then tiers of functionality that cost significantly more. Smartsheet is a capable product, but I'm frankly unsure it's cost is justified by its maturity. I've had the feeling I've been paying for what's coming, not for what's already there. But since we've invested in it, I guess we'll stay the course.

BK dahilindeki Managing Director
Mobilya, 11-50 Çalışan
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

5,0 2 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Artılar:

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Eksileri:

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes: - Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to - Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Sadaf
Sadaf
Birleşik Arap Emirlikleri dahilindeki Sustainability Analyst
İnşaat, 11-50 Çalışan

SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software

4,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Artılar:

SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app. It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts. Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Eksileri:

Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

Rob
ABD dahilindeki Clinical Business Analyst
Kâr Amacı Gütmeyen Kuruluş Yönetimi, 501-1.000 Çalışan

We use Smartsheet for Project Management

5,0 3 yıl önce

Yorumlar: As I mentioned, we use Smartsheet extensively for project planning and project management. But we also use it to run a help desk for our Electronic Health Record System. Here the forms feature comes in really handy. Users fill out a form to add tasks to the help desk. We also use it to manage our individual tasks and queues. And our development department is building sheets to track donations and plan promotions. We often export the data and use it to build Tableau reports.

Artılar:

Projects are easy to set up with the built in functionality. There are lots of built in templates that you can use. But we have found it most helpful to build our own templates. We really appreciate being able to add dependencies, working and non working days, and duration. Then the start and end dates fill in automatically. We have found that the learning curve is not nearly as steep for Smartsheet as it was for Microsoft Project. Another really helpful feature is being able to use formulas in the Project Plan. Our team schedules our work using a points system. I was able to create formulas that take the number of points for that task and who is assigned to that task to create a point breakdown for each person or team assigned. We then use the linking feature to link the total points for the project, the points accomplished, and the status of the project to a master "Queue" sheet. Smartsheet has special formula values available for children and ancestors of a task. So, we use a simple =Sum(Children()) formula to add up the points. Actually, the formulas end up being more complicated because we can test whether the row has children or not and do different things depending on the test. For instance, when summing the work completed if the task has no children, then the product of the percent complete and points gives us the number of points completed. If the row is a parent, then the formula sums the children.

Eksileri:

For project planning the resources feature is not as helpful as it could be. The main reason is that if a staff is assigned to a row during a particular time, the resource function assumes that they are 100% allocated for that time. So, if you have three tasks that overlap, the resource allocations shows 300%. We have mitigated that by routinely filling in 30% allocation for each resource. This helps to take into account the fact that a task although it lasts a full week won't take up all the staff's time. One idea I have had recently--but haven't tried yet--is to make a formula that takes the number of points for the task and assigns an appropriate allocation number based on points per week. The other feature that we haven't found useful is the "Critical Path." How the software determines what is on the critical path is a mystery. I'm not sure why it chooses some tasks that have dependencies filled in, but not others that seem to be just as important.

Darrin
ABD dahilindeki Director
Kamu Yönetimi, 11-50 Çalışan

Quick points

Artılar:

·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time. · Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Eksileri:

·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work. ·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet. ·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections. ·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Doğrulanmış Yorumcu
ABD dahilindeki Project Manager - Business Intelligence and Campaigns
Hayırseverlik, 1.001-5.000 Çalışan
Yazılımın kullanım amacı: 1-5 ay
Değerlendirici Kaynağı

Smartsheet - Functionality and Communities make this an indispensable application

5,0 4 yıl önce

Yorumlar: Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been wonderful. The extremely active Community has made all the difference in the world, answering questions within an hour or two. The staff are also active in the Community and you can see their passion for the application and truly helping their customers. Smartsheet is highly worth the investment.

Artılar:

Smartsheet has so much going for it. It truly fits the new technological world that we live in by providing more than just the basics. Being a cloud-based application (SaaS), and compatible with mobile devices, makes it more functional across the board. It mostly touts itself as a project management tool, which is very true. Most project managers utilize certain applications that require the project to be saved down to a file, which is not easily shareable. Smartsheet can handle the same project management tools and live in cyberspace that can be utilized by numerous people, which different levels of access (viewing, editing, administering) and different views (tasks, gantt, kanban, etc.), and allow people to make comments, add attachments, and more. The most use I have made of Smartsheet within my organization is using it like a spreadsheet. I'm able to have numerous sheets for different departments where they have access to only their own sheets and update only what they need to update. Then I can create a new sheet that combines information from all of the sheets that will auto-update from the original sheets. I can also create reports and dashboards (with charts, metrics, etc.) based on information from all the different sheets. It's quite functional and utilizes much of the same fundamental logic that Excel provides. The Smartsheet website has an extremely detailed (and searchable) Help section and very active Community. Even includes videos to help guide!

Eksileri:

Smartsheet does have some limitations. Most specifically, it isn't Excel and it isn't Project, so users shouldn't expect it to do everything those applications can do. However, there are times when it seems obvious that a particular functionality should be included that isn't. With that said, Smartsheet does a great job of listening to the Community and is constantly improving the application with enhancements to help the Community with its most voted on requests. Another thing that is frustrating is when an error pops up. More often than not, the error is written in a way that doesn't tell the user how to fix the error. Again, when this happens, I just reach out to the Community and get the answers I need.